Monday 16 October 2017

Chocolate ... mmmmm

chocolate and dieting
When I created this blog the title reflected how I felt about myself. It also seemed to encompass lots of negatives that I thought may attract readers with similar feelings. I don't know how far that second bit has succeeded but the blog seems to get steady enough - if not high enough - readership numbers.

Now, strictly speaking I am past middle-age. Unless I live to be 100 which I have every intention of doing. I tend to feel frumpiest when my hair needs dying. Indeed an onset of the frumps usually reminds me to phone and make an appointment: I have one for Friday so all will be well again. But normally I feel anything but frumpy.

The fat bit. Hmm. I could say I'm not fat. Or I could dress it up and say I'm cuddly or voluptuous. But the fact is I do carry fat around my tummy and hips. It bulges over the top of my jeans and I don't like it. But I am in the process of doing something about it so that's fine.

I could rename the blog, 'Old, fat and occasionally frumpy,' but it doesn't have quite the same ring. Besides I don't feel that. So don't think the title reflects my everyday attitude: it doesn't. Most of the time I'm a jolly little bunny. Except when I'm craving chocolate ...

1 comment:

  1. how about the name "cotton candy" tis sweet and fluffy, it is how i often refer to myself!! and one small fyi - my husband is addicted to chocolate and has twice now had a kidney stone. the analysis proved the culprit to be either chocolate, spinach or sweet potatoes...the latter 2 he does not eat!!!

    now, onto the red sea glass. red is the rarest and i would love to see a picture. i did scan back through your posts but could not find it!!

    ReplyDelete